Information About Various Sports In This One Blog
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Carrying Worms While Fishing

If you're anything like me, you like to fish with live worms. Carrying live worms can be a pain in the butt. You have to carry that bulky Styrofoam container around with you the entire time you're fishing. In my case, I walk two or three miles every time I go fishing, crossing the river four or five times in the process. Because of all of this moving around, I would have to put the Styrofoam worm container inside a pocket of my fishing vest. This always resulted in the Styrofoam container breaking, plus pulling out the container every time I needed a worm was a complete hassle.

On one fishing trip I came up with an idea. What if I could take my worms fishing with me, and not have to take the container they come in? I came up with the idea of a little pouch. What if I had a little pouch or bag that I could attach to myself that would hold my fishing worms? So I did exactly that. Once I saw the "bait bag", I liked it, but then wondered if it would actually work? It seemed like the worms would crawl out, if they were just transferred to the bag for the day of fishing? So I tried it. I transferred the live worms into the bag.

Can you guess what happened? The little buggers didn't move. They just sat there waiting to be used. The worms nestled in the bottom of the "bag", like a baby kangaroo in its mothers pouch. It was amazing. Now the worms were hanging right on the front of my vest for easy access. My worms were literally "at my fingertips".

That was nearly 20 years ago, since then the bag has gotten a little bigger and looks better, but the technique of carrying my worms has remained the same. To me, Styrofoam containers are just what I buy the worms in, and then as soon as I get to my fishing area, the worms are transferred into my bait bag, so my worms are at my fingertips ready to be used. I would suggest that you get your hands on a bait bag, whether you make it yourself or buy it, so you too will never have to worry about those stupid Styrofoam containers again. Once you begin employing a bait bag to carry your live worms, you will never fish without it.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


Digg ItDel.icio.us
Furl ItReddit
WistsGoogle
RSS ATOM
ARCHIVES
March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 /


Powered by Blogger